Steven McKee, founder and president of Labtech International recently signed a Memorandum of Cooperation for development of TVET Educational Training Systems and Services with Dr. Naim Yaakub, director general of the Columbo Plan Staff College. The Memorandum of Cooperation extends to joint development and research, and was signed at a recent TVET conference in Kuala Lumpur in front of 200 guests from 30 countries, many who are senior members of their countries education ministries. More information on the Colombo Plan Staff College can be found at their website http://www.cpsctech.org/about-cpsc.Read More
We have completed the BETT exhibition in London. Sorry to see it end. We met a lot of people and made many new friends. We had hundreds of visitors from around 20 countries that were interested in our products services and systems We wish everyone well and a safe journey home to those that came from far away. We hope to see everyone again in the future, either at BETT or another exhibition. Perhaps we shall meet up again at ISTE in June in the USA. Steven McKee PresidentRead More
We have just completed day 2 at BETT and met lots of new and old friends. Dr. Gary Stager gave his second speech at the Learn Live Session on educational technology. Dr. Stager also gave the Keynote address on the Best Ideas in Education today” – in that speech he highlighted that the GenYes program is clearly one of the best ways to get both students and teachers using technology together for learning Dr. Dennis Harper,the CEO and founder of GenYes, our partners, gave a presentation together with Dr. Norrizan from MDeC Malaysia on “A constructivist approach to technology and learning”. Two more days left for BETT. Come on down and see what the buss is about for these new and innovative educational programs that can help make learning more effective and develop 21st Century Skills
The Labtech team has arrived in London to prepare form the BETT exhibition and conference which is running from Jan 11 to 14th We have with us At the show:
- Steve Hicks who is working on our Gen Yes Student Tech (STL) Leaders Catalyst School Project in Malaysia.
- Kushairi Alhaj Karim who is our Smart Partnerships Manager and also working on the STL project.
- Andrew Thompson our general sales manager for Middle East and Africa (MENA)
- Ala Mashini our technical support engineer for MENA
- Dr. Dennis Harper, CEO of GenYes
- Sylvia Martinez, President of GenYes
- Dr. Gary Stager who will be giving the keynote at BETT
- Dr. Norrizan Razali from the Multimedia Development Corporation from Malaysia
- Yours truly, Steven McKee, President and founder of Labtech
We look forward to meeting up with our clients, customers, colleagues, friends and guests. Please come by our booth at L5 to see the exciting new programs that we are doing in the area of educational technology and putting it to real effective use for learning.
Best wishes from London
Jan 10, 2012